Saturday, March 13, 2010

After my first workshop


Session 11.03.2010

Weather changes dramatically in Macedonia in March. It is a big surprise for me to see snow in middle of March… March is supposed to be spring! lol

Snow remaining in Skopje city, BEI had its first workshop done by its intern, which was me.

Workshop had started from setting expectations. Although they had no information about the project, each other, and me, they seemed to get the point and started working.

There were many expectations that I had not expected, such as encountering different opinions in the subject, to know Japanese mind-set on the topic, think outside of box and books (this is my favorite one!), etc.

As I read the individual expectations written by the students who had participated, I noticed that many of them are interested in starting business and moreover Japanese culture and business styles in Japan which I find it pleasure to share them!

The thing I was concerned most was ignorance, where nobody will be interested in the session or Japan. However, students who had participated were over my expectation: they showed favorable interest when I talk about entrepreneurs I had met in Japan before. These attitudes of participants’ made me relieved and motivated, as I had it in my mind that the impact I try to make on this project would be something that can be delivered only by me. In other words, I wanted to take part in this project in a way that can be influenced only by me. Therefore, the fact that the economic style and popular market in Macedonia and Japan are not so similar encouraged me to regain reason for taking this internship: we have lots of things we have to share that are not common to either of us.

However, I’m not satisfied at this workshop due to the feeling of lack: I couldn’t finish presentation and skipped some videos and slides for time was running out.

By next workshop, I would practice more and strive for better learning opportunity for those who are attending and myself.

13.03.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment